New G5 Voodoo ProG5 Voodoo Pro puts real magic in your hands and opens a new world of possibilities with the ability to control port plus direct injection, more injector and ignition drives, advanced communications and many more features.
With 12 Injection, 8 Ignition and 4 multi-purpose (inj, ign, aux) drives (24 total) the G5 Voodoo Pro can run up to:
- Twelve cylinders or six rotors with sequential injection and direct spark, or
- Eight cylinders with staged injection and direct spark.
Staged injection (where you run two individual injectors per cylinder) is great for applications that require lots of fuel, such as high horsepower Drag Cars, and is becoming more common in other motorsports and street use.
The G5 Voodoo Pro can run staged port injection and direct injection (DI). Having the 24 drives allows you to add supplementary port injectors to a DI engine to supply more fuel to reach your power goals or to prevent carbon deposit build up on your intake valves.
Direct Injection (DI) on up to 12 injection drives
The G5 Voodoo Pro is a cost-effective solution to opening up the world of both Port and Direct Injection. The G5 Voodoo Pro is capable of controlling Direct Injection on up to twelve injection drives, and requires an external OEM or aftermarket DI driver box. The G5 Voodoo Pro can run up to two DI fuel pumps using unused injection or ignition drives.
Built-in Global Positioning System (GPS)
Link’s high accuracy, high frequency GPS allows you to log position, ground speed and UTC time for data analysis at 50 times a second using Link’s Sensor fusion augmented GPS Technology.
This can be used for coaching, especially when connected to a driver analytics tool like MyRaceLab. It also allows you to be creative around setting up features or functions against position, real time or GPS speed.
And Link’s GPS can operate as a vehicle speed sensor for vehicles that don’t have one, giving you an accurate ground speed, such as some race cars or boats. It can be used to easily calibrate wheel speed and to compare wheel and ground speed to determine if tyre slip is occurring.
With Dead Reckoning Link's GPS will continue to calculate position when GPS lock is lost such as in a tunnel, garage or dense bush.
Built-in WiFi, with real-time PC Link connection
Built-in Wi-Fi means you don’t need to be physically connected to the ECU, or even in the vehicle or on the same side of the pit wall to pull logs and make changes. This means no more fighting through the roll cage and digging under the dash to find the ECU, before trying to plug in the cable while not breaking any pins.
Multiple G5 Voodoo Pro ECUs can be set-up on the same Wi-Fi network allowing you to switch seamlessly.
Dual onboard Digital Wideband Lambda controllers
The G5 Voodoo Pro’s built-in dual lambda controllers allow you to see what each bank of a V configuration engine is doing, making for a more accurate tune on each bank, so your vehicle runs optimally.
Dual onboard E-throttle (Drive by Wire)
Get a faster, more precise throttle response from up to two banks of a V configuration engine with dual E-throttle.
The G5 Voodoo Pro has fail-safe, internal solid state throttle disconnect relays, saving you from the hassle and mess of having to wire them in, making for much simpler E-throttle installation.
More auxiliaries than G4X
The G5 Voodoo Pro has between 14 and 30 auxiliary outputs (up from a maximum of 18 in G4X) depending on how many injector and ignition drivers are used. This controls even more functions like cooling fans, fuel pumps or a boost control solenoid. These auxiliaries are either dedicated or from unused E-throttle, Lambda or inj/ign drives and are not tied up doing functional things like an Ignition Switch. Included in these auxes are two H-Bridges, and four outputs capable of high side drive. All outputs can do PWM, and all regular auxiliary outputs are now protected from back feeding.
In the box:
- G5 Voodoo Pro ECU
- USB-C Connection Cable
- WiFi Antenna
- 4m GPS Antenna (Magnetic or Adhesive Mount)
- USB-C and SMA Dust Covers
- QuickStart Guide (A5)
- Installer I/O table (A3)
- Link stickers
- Built-in WiFi, with real-time PC Link connection
- Built-in Global Positioning System (GPS) up to 50Hz
- Dual onboard Digital Wideband Lambda controllers
- Dual onboard E-throttle (Drive by Wire)
- 12 Injection, 8 Ignition and 4 multi-purpose (inj, ign, aux) drives (24 total)
- Dual microcontrollers
- Direct Injection (DI) on up to 12 injection drives (using an external OEM or aftermarket driver box)
- Link CAN Files - Create your own separate CAN files with additional streams and channels, which can be saved, locked and shared
- Runs on the same highly acclaimed PC Link software as G4X, meaning you don’t need to learn a new software package. You can open both G4X and G5 log and map files in the same software (G4X Map can also be loaded into a G5 Voodoo Pro)
- Flexible mounting options - Fix to a face using the three top-down through-holes with M5 or 3/16 socket screws, or hang the ECU from a dash bar or similar using custom brackets and the four M4 side mounting points.
Requires “A”, “B” & “E” connector kits (not supplied).
- Control any engine with 2 cylinders, all the way up to 12 cylinders, thanks to:
- 12 injector pins
- 8 ignition pins
- 4 injector/ignition dual role pins
- Access up to 30 auxilary pins (when setup for a 4-cylinder sequential engine):
- 8 dedicated auxiliary pins
- 4 shared e-throttle/H-Bridge pins
- 2 shared wideband heater pins
- Up to 16 from spare injector and ignition drives
- Any unused injector/ignition pins can be used as an auxiliary pin
- All ignition and auxiliary pins are back feed protected.
- 14 analog inputs
- 10 digital inputs
- 4 temperature inputs
- Dual knock inputs
- 2 trigger inputs
- Dedicated ignition switch pin
- 2 x internal wideband lambda controllers
- Dual e-throttle, with internal solid state throttle disconnect relays
- 5v sensor supply
- CAN 1 input now supported via CAN connector
- USB-C (cable included)
- Connect directly to the ECU via built-in Wifi Access Point, or add it to an existing network (Antenna Included)
- Dual CAN (CAN 1 on CAN connector, CAN 2 on header E)
- GPS (antenna included)
Size & Weight
- Length: 177.1mm (6.97 inches)
- Width: 137.3mm (5.40 inches)
- Min side height: 15.5mm (0.61 inches)
- Max side height: 40.2mm (1.58 inches)
- Weight: 795g (28 ounces)
The G5 Voodoo Pro supports the following comms standards:
It is now possible to connect to your ECU using a standard USB-C cable, or alternatively by using WiFi.You can now access CANBUS 2 via its own dedicated pins in Header E freeing up two Digital Inputs.GPS connectivity can be initialised by simply adding a GPS antenna.